Enough cooling for SLI?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Wildcard, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

I have been getting the parts together for a new computer and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good method for cooling the video cards. I am going to use liquid cooling on the cpu and have a thermaltake Kandalf case. I have 3 120mm fans on the front door for the radiator, and have bought a 120mm fan for the back of the case, and then a 90 mm for higher up in the back and also one for the top exhaust. I am planning to run 2 8800gtx (XFX overclocked editions) cards in SLI mode. I am concerned about the cards because this case does not have a place for a fan on the side to blow over the cards. Ideally I would like to buy 2 waterblocks for them, but I just dropped my whole tax return on everything else and cant afford 260 dollars atm for 2 danger den blocks. Can anyone suggest anything else I can do to keep these cards cool or do you think they will be ok? I have looked at some of the PCI fans and while I this would work for the top card, I am not sure if it would cool the lower one. :doh:

Thanks!

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If the case has good airflow, you should be fine.

3. ShrimpBrime

ShrimpBrime Geek Trainee

Well 260 is good money but really water will always get way lower temps than air. Maybe finding some side work for relitives or something may get those water blocks you need. But like BigB said if the case flow is good you shouldn't have to worry.:D

4. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Thanks guys! :D