EPoX nForce 4 Ultra & SLi reviews

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

A couple of EPoX 9NPA-series motherboards are on review around the 'net. [H]ard|OCP has the 9NPA+ NF4 Ultra:

The design of the EP-9NPA+ ULTRA was well thought out, with plenty of room between all components including the CPU socket area. Notice that several of the CPU power MOSFETS are equipped with factory installed heatsinks for cooler operation. Additional,heatsinks are also included in the package should other chips need them. According to the silk-screened identifier in the upper left corner of the board, the tested board was a revision 1.0 . EPoX chose capacitors from the following manufacturers: Sanyo (USA); Teapo Electronic Corporation (USA); and HER-MEI Electronic Corporation (Taiwan).

That review can be had here.

T-Break has the SLi'd 9NPA+ over here.

Once again, Epox produces a board that is, well, like most of their other boards. What this means is that we're still not sold on the layout they chose for their boards and the features aren't over-the-top as some of the other boards however this helps Epox keep the prices down. The performance of the 9NPA+ SLI is about as good as any other SLI board we've looked at while Stabiility isn't a cause of concern.

It seems that EPoX may be getting their act together in the QC department. I'm sure readers in our forums know that I'm not a big EPoX fan, but these reviews leave me hopeful that this company may be back in the swing of things.