erasing onboard scsi drivers

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by loaded_chambers, Dec 24, 2003.

1. loaded_chambers

loaded_chambers Geek Trainee

I was trying to see if RAID would make a difference on my new wd (160gb 7200 2mb) hdd . After building an array and trying to boot it gave me a blue screen and restarted my computer. I went back to IDE mode and tried to install the RAID drivers through control panel but spaced out and accidentally updated the drivers the IDE mode uses. Now windows just automatically installs both drivers and shows RAID and IDE undr control panel whenever I connect the drive to the onboard promise controller. Is there any way I can erase the files so windows won't recognize the drive when its plugged in the onboard controller? Also, with SP1 installed on XP it makes my DVD drive unusable. It won't read any DVD's and just shows 0 space free everytime. Whats gogin on with that? Anyone know the specific file that would cause this problem?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Remove both from Device manager, then install the driver that corresponds with the mode you are using. BTW, unless you have a 2nd hard drive to use, turning on the RAID mode won't get you jack in terms of performance.

Check Windows Update and see if there's a patch for DVD drives not reading. I haven't had problems with SP1, but that doesn't mean others won't.