Exams are bad

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Addis, May 27, 2005.

1. Addis

Addis The King

My mock GCSEs have been pretty bad. I got an A* in science, an A* in ICT, an A in maths and an A in history. But i got my english mark back today and got a mid C. She calls my name, i go up to the front and sit down. She says quietly "Disappointing...." "You got a mid C but don't beat yourself up about it. You need exam practice thats all your effort is excellant, coursework is at an A level just need to polish exam techniques but I have ot be honest with you about it."
    True I was disappointed but it was a hard test and when i couldn't think of anything I wrote bullshit.

Even worse my French test is going to be lime E grade. I was pretty good at french last year but our teacher got cancer and she was pretty useless anyway. Now our old teacher who is strict and head of department is going to mark out exam papers and says she's expecting good grades. Also we have a speaking exam where we actually have to talk in front of her. I don't think I'm exagerating when I say that I'm well and truly F*CKED.

Nevermind what'll happen when my mum sees my grades.........

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

hehehe my theory for my mocks were "i wont revise, and so i know what i need to work for the real things.

i got a* english (best subject), a* ict (highest in year, only a* :D), a* rs (not a real subject, a for maths, b/a for geog and science, a u for art, which im so proud of.

from someone that knows, get the coursework done and actually do some revision, im regretting not doing any now. still got some time tho.

3. Addis

Addis The King

My courseworks fine. Just french and english exams piss me off.

4. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

I havnt got much of a clue about GCSE's as i do standard grades (Scotland) but my best advice is to REALLY get some work done for your mocks (we have prelims) as you have only done 75% of the course...... so there's less to remember and they can be used as apeals (in scotland anyway).

5. Addis

Addis The King

We are having mocks in a few weeks, but we still need to get our coursework done and finished.

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

My GCSE's were alright, i got 5 A's (Science, Science Further Award, Maths, ICT and Electronics) and 5 B's (Music, RS, English Language, English Literature and French)

I was the only one in my year to get an A in Electronics, because our teacher was a moron and we had to get other teachers in to teach us the entire year and help us get our whole projects done in a 5 day crash course during the Easter holidays...damn that was hard but I got an A from it and for a week's work I was very pleased :D

Honestly if there would be one thing I would say to anyone about to take their Mocks it's take them seriously, people in our year thought they were a joke and didn't try, then they decided that the real GCSE's were like the Mock's and they didnt to too well, and revise for your GCSE's (actual exam's) start at the end of January to give youself more time, start revising what you did at the very start of your GCSE's and then by the time you get towards your exams you will be up-to-date on the current stuff.

Hope it all goes well for you guys (an gals) taking your GCSE's don't panic about them, although they are pretty important exam's in your life...
    :good:

7. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Meh, Mocks are coming up soon and im truly f*cked with my maths and french but not worrying about anything else, all around an a or b mark.

8. Impotence

Since i last posted, ive found out that ive failed a Physics NAB :'( i get one more try and if i dont pass then i dont get to sit the exam.

NABs are liek little tests that you get when you complete a 'topic'

Im in a load of shit right now with the school, Im feeling that they are just going to chuck me out (as im 16 and could have left before the summer hols)

Im allready looking up college course's, my current plan is to come back to the school as a network enginer and bully all the teachers that gave me a hard time :) (yeah sure, i will fix your computer :D )

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Heh oh how I would like to do that, although there weren't many teachers who gave me a hard time, although there is one ICT teacher who runs his classes like an army camp...then there's the ICT teacher who you just wouldnt trust...at all....with anything...he did tell me he respected my knowledge of ICT though....

10. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

atleast you haven't had to call your parents during class INFRONT OF EVERYONE to tell them that you're failing.

I'm not too concerned, we're just passing 1st quarter here.

11. Impotence

oooooohhhh..... that must have been nasty *hugs ninja* :)O)

The worst thing that happend to me........ um, i drove my english teacher insane, 1st year are VERY VERY AFRAID of her, shes a 'big' strict woman and i drove her to breaking point :D she started throwing books around the classroom :p

You should she the report she gave me:-

"He has made it very clear that he does not want to be in the class by not doing any of the work. He needs to find out what qualifications he needs to get into the college or universtity course he wants to do"

I would do the work, but it just confuses the hell out of me and she's more interested in shouting at me than helping me sort it :( (My English is very bad as everyone can see from the spelling and grammer mistakes that riddle all my posts :p)

I only got one good report out of 7 :crying: (But that was in computing :spin:)

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

We don't have 'mocks' of GCSE's in the states naturally. Just midterms halfway through obviously and Finals that cover the last two semesters (4 total, midterms cover the first two:)). Then since I'm a junior we have MEA's which I'll bomb as I suck at tests and never have enough time to read, write and BS my way though them all. I also have ASVABS which is a military placement test sort of thing, that shows you what you're good at (pretty retarded in my opinion). Had PSATs last year which gear you up for SATs this year which are just another type of usless test. And in math we have MATHFAX which I just heard of today. I'll fail it but at least it doesn't count. So yeah that's what us US juniors do anyway, at least in Maine.

13. Addis

Addis The King

Got maths second staged exam on monday. But I'm also resitting my first stage which I got an A in, but want to try and push that into an A*.

Electronics is going pretty well, our teacher is good, although he does complain about noise too much. I've just got to get components ordered, PCB designed and then program the PIC.

Science isn't going too bad, although I did lose my 100% A* modular tests record the first 3 weeks back. Really pissed me off.

French is as bad as ever, although I'm hoping to take Maths Statistics and according to Nic its piss easy, so that should compensate.

If all goes as planned, should be going to Winstanley college next September. It pwns all other colleges in Merseyside. Computing, ICT, Maths (?) and Physics. Want to drop maths, and then choose Cosmology in second year Physics.

14. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Yeah maths exam should be too bad ill fail french but im doin statistics which is the easiest class ever. Hoping to go to Winstanley like Addis but take Computing, ICT, Media Studies and Physics. Dont know what Im gunna drop though.

15. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Addis, how are you well and truley f*ked? you got E in french and A* in nearly everyhitng else, and C in english, i dont think thats dissapointing at all, if my teacher said that to me if i got a c, i wouldent half shout a mouthfull at her, i would be very angry with a teacher who said that to me, i would be over the moon if i got a c, i got a D.

my GCSE grades were
    science C/C
    english D/E
    MATHS, E
    GEOG: C
    Business studies D
    ART: D
    and the rest were below E'S
    i did not even get a grade for german becouse i dropped it.

so i got 3d's and 3c's, so if your going to be well and truley f*cked, then what is goign to happen to me?

you havent done your GCSE's yet, your a year behind, and in mock tests you got high grades, so you will get better in your real exams anyway, i dont see why you are concerned at all, if i was you i would be extreamly happy.

i wish i was you getting your grades, i could do A level instead of GNVQ.

when i got my exam result i was VV upset, i expected a D at least in maths as test were so easy, but my bitch of a maths teacher proberbly marked me down on coursework coz she had some sort of a grudge against me, and never helped me in class.

i am retaking english in college and i am thinking about dropping it, i got d in english, and know i wont get a C as i just find it too hard, i just dont know a thing.

16. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I'm passing Biology with a D, everything else right now is failing.

I hope we take some tests soon, these missing homework assaignments are killing me!

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow, you guys must have some real bad ass ciriculum, Britain must be a lot tougher as I'm not terribly bright but still get by. Maine never was known for it's incredable education system though.

18. Addis

Addis The King

willhub its just that I knew i could do better (it was an old post anyway), and thats annoying. Personally I think the whole GCSE system needs to be scrapped, torn and burned with ethanol and bit of butane. Then put into a small non stick pan and left to simmer, before applying a dash of tar.

The maths coursework is gonna kill my grades, I don't know what our teacher is thinking, unlike other subjects in which coursework was done and out the way ASAP, we've not even finished our Y10 c/w and its now coming to christmas Y11. She's not even doing it slowly, completely stopped. It annoys me cause i need the maths grade, and the not done coursework isn't gonna help.

The curriculum is tough, although it is changing. Unfortunately, the year below us didn't have to take French as a GCSE, we were v unlucky.

19. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

to get by in the uk you have to be very very bright lol, and do hours and hours of homework.

20. Addis

Addis The King

No not necessarily bright, although that helps. Some people get good grades but they don't seem the achieving type. And homework well that only comes into it in year 10/11. Damn year 7-9 seems so easy now. To do my last piece of English coursework I had to set myself up in my room, and zone out with Queen music and typed for 5 hours.