Exploding Aussie iPod

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Exfoliate, May 14, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I never really thought about an iPod blowing up before but apparently it's possible when you leave it in your jeans and wash it. Wonder what model it was, lets just hope it wasn't the iPod photo.

"AN AUSTRALIAN kid got the fright of his life when his reassuringly expensive, and jolly nice to look at iPod exploded, filled his lungs with toxic chemicals and burnt a hole in his bed.

Firefighters had to be called to the teen’s Melbourne home and the kid had to be carted off suffering from breathing difficulties after breathing in toxic fumes.

However, there were some additional circumstances, which will probably save Apple from having to do the biggest product recall in history. The kid left the iPod in his jeans, which were lovingly washed by his mum in an iwashing machine.

When the ijeans were pulled out of the machine, it surprisingly didn’t play anymore, so he tried to fix it with a screwdriver.

Apparently the iPod exploded and chucked out an awful lot of toxic smoke. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Metropolitan Ambulance spokeswoman Lirije Memishi said it was unclear what the teenager had breathed in."

what you just read

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Only in austrailia...

3. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Haha, crazy aussies

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol what a crazy story

5. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

lesson for all of us to check our pockets for possibly explosive mp3 devices before we wash them

amen haha

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

another reason why not to buy an iPod...

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's just Apple's plot to rid the world of an entire continent of criminals. :blah:

8. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Got plenty of reasons not to buy an iPod but that's another one on the list. But the sad thing is that kinda thing happens in England as well.

*Has a friend who dropped his mobile phone in a cup off coffee then put it in the dishwasher thinking it would be better*

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Haha! :good:, I dunno, why wouldn't you want to buy an iPod, yeah, maybe I'd prefer a cheap, color cabable, and cooler looking 'player but iPods are pretty well designed. It's the music store I'm not too crazy about (loads super slow on a modem too).