Explorer.EXE Application Error

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by acideye, Mar 19, 2005.

1. acideye

acideye Geek Trainee

Hi peeps! I have recently installed an SP2 on my WinXP, and after a couple of days i encountered a problem, whenever i right-click on any file on my computer, i get this message:

Explorer.EXE - Application Error

The instruction at "0x0201415b" referenced at "0x00000000". The memory couldnot be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program.
    Click on CANCEL to debug.

If i press OK, Explorer restarts, if I press Cancel, i get another error, saying the debugger dont work or sumtin like that.

Pleas advise! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Oh i thought you were procal cos of ur avatar! I was like wow his writings changed a bit! My dad also has this problem so any help wud b great :good:

3. acideye

acideye Geek Trainee

Problem sorted. It was the Dr. DivX i recently installed, as soon as I uninstalled it - everything's back to normal!

4. ankydu

ankydu Geek Trainee

Hey dude i am receiving same kind of problem and dunno which program is causing that. I am using windows XP with SP2, But am facing explorer errors about meory locations. the messages says "The instruction at "0x471141de" referenced memory at "0x05390a00".The memory could not be "read". Click ok to terminate the program. Click cancel to debug the program." and no matter how many times i press ok the message dosent go, and when i press cancel everything disappears except background and then comes back. and after that i am not able to minimize windows by clicking on their tab in taskbar. Also the instruction at and referenced memory at values have been diff sometimes. wihch are - 0x47116616 at 0x053908a4, 0x7c9106c3 at 0x77f693a2. I ve tried repairing explorer but that didnt help. Please Help.

5. acideye

acideye Geek Trainee

Ok, try to remember any recent software or hardware drivers you installed, in my case that was Dr. DivX, it would not install properly and left me with a non functional computer, as soon as I uninstalled that program everything was back to normal. I am certain that this aint an Explorer glitch, and I'm pretty sure this is got to do with any software packages you installed on your computer recently. Go to Add or Remove Programs under your Control Panel, and just go through the listof programs you have on your computer, this is also helpful as you will realise that a good number of programs you have - you never use and they are just taking space and memory -> get rid of them along with the program that causes the faults. Hope this helps mate.