External hard drive

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by kopite123, Oct 29, 2005.

1. kopite123

kopite123 Geek Trainee

do all external hard drives work as soon as u av installed them or do u have to mess around with ur pc???

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Depends on what you mean by 'work' ?

3. Addis

Addis The King

A USB external hard drive should just be recognised as a mass storage device in Windows and work.

4. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

If it's plug and play, yes. It might require drivers, but most don't.

5. kopite123

kopite123 Geek Trainee

Yeh thats what i meant thanks.

6. Addis

Addis The King

Just to mention, plug and play devices are devices which can configure their own IO addresses and IRQs without user intervention.

Your disk drive does not need drivers as it should be recognized and installed automatically.

7. kopite123

kopite123 Geek Trainee

i am going to buy an 120 gig external hard drive of ebay (brand new) for £80

8. NooYawka

NooYawka Geek Trainee

Hello Everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good portable harddrive device that I can link up my PSP to? What I want to do is load PSP games onto the HD so that I can change the game on the memory stick whenever I want without having to use my computer or laptop. To do this the device would have to have a menu screen where I can move files around from different folders. I do alot of traveling and I dont like carrying my bulky laptop around with me wherever I go so this harddrive device would be ideal. I was looking at the APACER CD211 where I can drop a 80gb hd into it. Anyone know anything about this device? Good and Bad remarks are welcome!

NooYawka