extra money...

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by KenshinX, Nov 22, 2005.

1. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

after purchasing a new case and psu i got a little bit of cash left over so i decided to upgrade my graphics card from a Geforce 5700LE (stop laughing plz)
    to this looks like a good deal i kno newegg probably has better but i want it now and it looks like a nice deal and no shipping wait what do you guys think its agp since i dont have pci express

only question i got is about the 64bit instead of 128bit :(

The card: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7212688&type=product&cmp=++&id=1113954027280

The review:http://techreport.com/reviews/2004q4/geforce-6200/index.x?pg=1
    seemed like it did a nice job for its price range

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Well, the 6200 would be faster & better than an FX5700, but for just a bit more you can have a much more powerful nvidia card. Check out Newegg.

3. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

thanks i may go with newegg hmmm its a hard choice all neweggs 6200 are 64 bit also but asus is offering one for $58 a 15 dollar deference enough for a new fan but they have 6600s for $100, outta my range since i have 78 dollars left and wont be getting any more money anytime soon because of christmas so its either newegg or bestbuy it seems unless a sale happens soon on newegg. :)

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

It's too bad you can't afford the extra cash, the 6600 is a much better card than the 6200. But, the 6200 is based on the same core as the other 6000 series cards, and it's a great GPU. Of course, some 6200's can be unlocked to 8 pixel pipes, which would be great bang-for-buck.

5. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek