F@H: Clawing a way to the top

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

We passed 500 WU's early today or late last night. We're also knocking on the 40,000 point barrier. The last notable stance is that we have 10 accounts folding now.

Currently our position is just under 1,600th place, and we should see ourselves crossing 1,000th place within 2-3 months at our current rate. But, if more people join the team, we should make it there even faster.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Come on members. Start folding! We'll never catch HardOCP with only 10 members.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I'm starting to sh__ out WU's again!

4. Fred

Fred Moderator

I would love to join, but I'm waiting to get DSL at my place. As soon as it gets up (hopefully within a week or two), I'll join the team. Also, I'll see about building another cheap computer that I can use just to FOLD. Really the problem right now is waiting for the stupid internet.

5. Addis

Addis The King

BigB says that AMD cpus are generally better for folding so you'll probably want to get an AXP or a Sempron if you have to.

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I'd do it, except for this PC is my mum's, and I don't want to download anything unless it's 100% guaranteed not to screw anything up, or to send out messages everytime she goes on the internet, and stuff.

If there is a way to prevent her being hassled by the program, then yeah, I'll do it!

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Use FireDaemon (in the F@H sticky) to make it a service easy with the console version of F@H.