Far cry graphics missing

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by pradeepmahato, Mar 20, 2007.

1. pradeepmahato

pradeepmahato Geek Trainee

:confused:My rig is P4 630 processor @3.00Ghz,512 DDR400 ram,80 GB HDD,sparkle 6600gt graphics card and a DVD writer. I installed "FARCRY" and when I ran it the water reflection in water was missing and solid blue colour was shown.I am using direct X 9.0c.I have tried to install the patch version 1.30 and also version 1.31.but it displays a message that to first install the game in the computer.But the game is installed in the computer.I have already tried installing it in DEFAULT location and also in my desired location.please help I cannot understand why the patch is not working .(NOTE: I have downloaded it 5 times from its original site):confused:

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

so i think your issue is one of two things, your graphics card is having some serious issues, or you need to re-install your graphics driver or install a new one. That said it sounds like the shaders are messed up.

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

wait so have you downloaded and installed a new driver yet.

4. Rusty S

Rusty S Geek Trainee

Same happened to me... but the patch fixed it. Not sure why its nor working form you...

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well, ok, so i would uninstall the game, then restart the computer, cause its windows, and then install FarCry and the patch with it.

6. pradeepmahato

pradeepmahato Geek Trainee

Is your far cry installation setup different from mine.My one first opens up with a Deus EX installation with every thing written for the game Deus EX (including the tab,the license,the readme also).Then as the installation completes up within 3-4 min.Then a dos installation starts with saying that it is unpacking data.After unpacking another dos installation starts having the name "myth".And thus the installation ends. It takes about 25-30 min for the whole process. Did this happen to you?

7. Rusty S

Rusty S Geek Trainee

Thats not the way mine installs... It installs with a progress bar kind of thing. No mention of "Deux" or "Myth". I don't even remember any DOS windows opening up. Maybe you have a bootlegged copy?

8. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

wait, was that installation for the patch or the actual game