Fax server software?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by daisycutter, Jul 11, 2006.

1. daisycutter

daisycutter Geek

Hi, i didint really know where to post this so ive just put it in the general section..

i have a fax machine, and i get silly amounts of junk faxes. (ive already registered my number on one of those government org lists stating i want no junk faxes) my fax machine uses paper and ink 2, so the cost of running it is already making me skint, let alone the problem of what to do with all the paper.

is there a program i can use to monitor all incoming faxes (like a preview function) so i can decide what faxes to print and which to discard.

this brings me to my second question. how do i connect my pc so it can be used as a fax machine?

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i think all 56k modems (non OEM) come with fax software for the modem, or they used to, just do a search in your fav search engine for "fax software"

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Windows XP itself comes with Picture and Fax viewer software.

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

[ot]does XP have the ability to actually send and receive faxes, i know 95 did and 98 did (but it was a bitch to setup in 98)[/ot]

5. daisycutter

daisycutter Geek

just a update really, went and got a modem, plugged it, installed fax services from xp disc and now im recieveing the junk faxes on my computer and saving lots of trees in the process. cheers guys.