Firefox 1.5.0.1 Problems

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Chris_, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

Hello HWF, I have come across a problem with the Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.1. Yes, already (they released it yesterday :p).

The problem is that when I load firefox and the default toolbars appear, when I try to "customise" and remove the "bookmarks toolbar" it all works well for the time being but when I reload (open a new firefox window), the default toolbars are showing, even though I have customized them.

I have the following extensions installed (latest versions):
    NoScript 1.1.3.9
    Blue Frog SRT 0.502
    Site Advisor 18.0
    Talkback 1.5.0.1

I'm using the default firefox theme, running WinXP Pro SP2.

Could anybody point me towards a solution?

Regards,
    - Chris :rolleyes:

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Hmm, I am running Firefox/1.5-10, having no such problems. Mine is a Linux build though, so it could be a platform-specific problem. Also, I am using NoScript 1139, but none of the other plugins you're reporting.

3. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

Ok, reckon a fresh install of 1501 will do the job? Seen as though it has only happened since I installed it today. I will also try without any extensions.

Thanks
    - Chris

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I assume the update was done via a patch or did firefox download the whole program before updating?

If not, download the latest version from the site again and reinstall it. Its possible there could be issues with the extensions but its unlikely.

Edit: yes the fresh install should do it.

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Couldn't say for sure, as I'm running 1510, and on a different platform to boot. :O But I'd definately remove your extensions and see if that's part of the problem. Otherwise, you might want to to try running the nightly build for the time being.

6. Someone28624

Someone28624 Big Geek

I'm using 1.5.1 on XP Pro SP2. I removed my bookmarks toolbar, and it stayed gone. So I would say uninstall/reinstall is your best bet. Try it in safe mode. Let us know how it goes.

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

My bookmarks toolbar stays gone, the only problem I'ev had is my gmail notifier doesn't work anymore, but that's not bothering me at the minute.