Firefox 2.0 is out!

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by megamaced, Oct 25, 2006.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Well I am suprised that no one has reported this sooner :) I'll take that privilege then, so here it is, Firefox 2.0 has been released. You can head over to Mozilla to download it

2. Milanche

Milanche Geek

LOL!!! It was out the day before yesterday, and officialy out yesterday... I downloaded it yesterday, and mozilla server was overloaded... I had to wait half an hour to dl it... And there is nothing so new about it... I'm not so excited...

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I had FF2 beta, it didn't make me want to switch from Opera.

4. zeus

zeus out of date

Thanks Megamaced, ill download it now!

5. megamaced

@ Matt

Firefox 2 is much better then it's predecessor, but it's still no match for Opera :) Thank god the tabs have got close buttons now! The interface is much improved.

One feature that is obviously missing is the 'Only allow cookies from the originating website'. Why have Mozilla removed it? Do they want us to get spyware?

6. Addis

Addis The King

Damn! I really wanted to post this news, but I totally forgot about it with things going on.

I switched from Firefox to Opera, and back to Firefox. *Goes to download FF2*

7. zeus

zeus out of date

I love the dictionary bit in it. Double click on the text which seems to be spelt wrong (like parralell, I can never spell it correctly) then right click on it and there is a list of spellings to choose from.

I love it!

8. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

that is a sweet feature, i wonder if they fixed the copy and paste issue in some webmail services

9. megamaced

Check this out! Apparently the Internet Explorer team sent the Mozilla developers a cake! :D

10. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Mozilla team downplays first Firefox 2.0 bug reports
    Bug trackers have had a couple false starts with the release of Firefox 2.0, a top Mozilla Corp. engineer said Thursday.

Of the two vulnerabilities reported since the browser's release on Tuesday, the first was patched in a previous version and the second alleged problem couldn't be replicated during testing, said Mike Schroepfer, vice president of engineering.

The first problem caused the browser to crash in some cases when text was displayed. The second problem was described as a cross-scripting attack, and sample attack code was posted on the Internet, Schroepfer said.

[link=http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=desktop_applications&articleId=9004461&taxonomyId=86&intsrc=kc_top]For Full Article[/link]

===================================================
    Its unbelievable, a bug just after couple of days of its release......:eek:hah::doh:

11. megamaced

Well I am really impressed with Firefox 2.0. It's my browser of choice at work. I don't know why, but Opera 9 doesn't play nice with the Windows 2000 computers at my work.
    The Mozilla boys have produced a great piece of software. However it will take a bit more then Firefox 2.0 to budge me from Opera at home :)

12. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

man i love 2.0 the spell checker is so sweet, its like word without all the dumb auto formatting. i love it