firefox download manager

Discussion in 'General Software' started by JAY, May 26, 2007.

1. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

hi there...ive got a small problem...im using firefox 2.0.0.1
    when i want to download something...i save it to my desktop bt i cant see the download manager...
    i use the shortcut crtl+J to open the manager but it is blank...i cant see how long it wil take to download...tats the prob coz i have a slow internet speed..i even reinstalled firefox...

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well personally i use Swiftfox[ot]exatly like firfox but for linux[/ot]BTW: SF support was withdrawn in April, personally i use Opera as a download manager[ot]yes, i know its a waste of opera the web browser, but its download manager is brilliant[/ot]BTW: with linux you learn to live with things[ot]try opera's download manager[/ot]BTW: alternatively you could try using Seamonkey[ot]which you can download for use on any OS as a browser[/ot]

3. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

isnt there any other way that i can view the download manager with all details??
    i know its downloading but theres no info in the download manager(which i hv to open with ctrl+J)..it dsnt open auto. when i download a file...bt thx for the advice donkey42

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

cant you click <Tools> <Downloads> on the menu bar ?

BTW: check FFs options or preferences

5. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

yup did those already...it opens the download manager but does not show what contents are being downloaded...

in the preferences, the check box is ticked to show download window when downloading

6. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I use (Download them All ) a firefox addon.. It works great,give it a try.

7. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

You've tried reinstalling firefox? That's really odd ... and sucky =(
    Perhaps you should try updating firefox? The latest one is 2.0.0.4 now. Although that definitely shouldn't be happening anyway.
    Maybe you should try doing a cleaner, more thorough reinstall (if you haven't already)? Like using registry cleaner(s) after you uninstall it and before you reinstall it again? Hmm... maybe you could also try installing it in a different directory, like a different drive if you have more than just C: ... lol, just trying to come up with anything I can.

Also, other than those self-help ideas, I think an effective way may be to contact the mozilla people. Isn't there some sort of method to contact them for help posted somewhere on the mozilla site? I haven't really looked around there but there's probably a forum also.

But I'm thinking this sounds like an internal windows problem... somehow your OS is doing something screwy and therefore causing bugs. but I'm no expert by far *shrug