Firefox, reaching out slowly

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by ninja fetus, May 11, 2005.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

http://www.techweb.com/wire/ebiz/163100701

"Firefox continues to chip away at Microsoft Internet Explorer's market share, a Web metrics firm said Tuesday as it released usage figures showing that the upstart open-source Firefox accounts for nearly 7 percent of the browsers used in the U.S."

Score! Finally Firefox has some numbers down. May not be around upwards of 80% where it very much should be, IMO, but it's progressing.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

thats good to see, I want more and more users to tryout firefox to see if they like it. I know they will :)

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

The more Firefox usage grows, the less spyware we all have to clean up. :good:

4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

thats only the US, how about Europe? americans aren't all that "educated" about computers, i know a couple kids in my school who forget how to copy or paste. hopefully Europe has around a 20%, since they are much more knowing of computers

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I've literally convinced someone that their motherboard was in their fireplace. You're right, american's don't know much about computers.

hopefully by the next year or so firefox will double it's users.

"In Germany, for instance, 22.6 percent of Internet users hit the Web with Firefox."
    "Japan, on the other, hand, has essentially ignored Firefox. WebSideStory's numbers show that only 2.8 percent of that country's users run Firefox..."

Go germans, Japan..two words...come ooooon! come ooooon!