Gainward announces 6800 Ultra 512MB card

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by ProcalX, Feb 26, 2005.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

GAINWARD HAS JUST confirmed that it is working on 512 MB version of 6800 Ultra card. Its design is underway and the company expects to show this card at SnoBit, a German show that starts on 10th of March.

Read More Here...

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

The "if money is no object" gaming card, cool. I'd personally say it's way overpriced but 2 in SLI would kick so much butt it wouldn't even be funny.

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

It wpuld be really really good if i could afford it but seeing as i cant ill stick wiv my radeon 9600 :(

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

The 9600 isn't bad at all. That was the card I was originally looking at. Sure beats my old Trident Blade w/ a whopping 8 MB's of vram. Black and White never looked worse. My cow was a jagged mass of dull textures and the villagers' feet were muddy triangles...

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

The performance increase of a SLI config now doesn't justify the insane amount of money needed to buy the hardware, like you said. Perhaps 10% performance is gained.

No game is coded to take advantage, so there's no real point. Not yet.

Wait til the next generation of games come out, then you'll be wanting them fo' sho.

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

im not saying its bad just saying everyone around me has better cards :(

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ah, I see. Matttibb has a GeForce 4MX 440 (which is still a functional card). I have a friend who has the same card and somehow manages to get Doom 3 running at about 30 fps.

8. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I have a GeForce 4MX 440 too i just dont use it its in my radeon box on top ov my wardrobe