Gainward Geforec 4 Ti4200 problem!!!

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Sniper, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

hey guys

ok, recently this card started to play up, at random times, sometimes after playing any 3d game, the screen just goes all weired, its displays, colour full lines/boxes all over the screen, and crashes, I'm not sure why this has started to happene!?

been working fine for just under a year now!, I did a bit of research, which suggests that the video card has gone bad and needs a replacement?

any ideas welcome!

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Other than try a different driver, I dunno. I'd probably say the thing is probably shot as well.

3. Sniper

tried already had no luck! just a few hours ago, it happened while going though hardware forums, so the graphics card is bad!

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

did you try swapping cards with another known working card/system ?

5. Sniper

dont have any other cards or system :( though still have my voodoo 2 somewhere, so if the geforce doent work, gona have to use it unti I get a new one, lol :)

6. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well it's better than nothing !
    When I was testing my GF2 MX400 for some problem, I swapped with a ATI Rage 128 Pro, and although the performance was twice as bad as the GF, the image quality was actually a lot better !
    I did keep the GF though :p

I was gonna' say you could try it anyway but it'd be more relevant to try with an agp card...

If you need a new card, what do you think you're gonna' buy ?

7. Sniper

hmmmm, well I prob wont spend too much on a card cuz I plan to buy a whole new system sometime in the future! I'd prob get a ATI or Geforce prob max around £80, should get a decent card. So when it comes to a new system, I can link up and play against my bros. :)

8. Sniper

ok, I found an old AGP SIS card I had, using that now, cuz the problem was happening more often! lets see how this card does, I can tell you it def cant play games, lol, its got 8MB RAM!

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Sure ya can...just not with eye candy and high resolutions.

10. Sniper

yeh, oh well !!! anyway I'm sending the card of to Gainward to get a replacement! have to pay for return P&P though! gone though the process of contacting support etc and got the required details to send it off, now when I get the time I will, until then no decent 3d games!

11. d0s

d0s Geek Trainee

definate hardware problem.. i had the same problem with my geforce 4 ti|4600 ... tried just about everything software wise.. i put in a geforce fx 5600 256mb and it runs great.. i also tried my radeon 9500 and that worked great too.. =\ peice o crap =\

12. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah, the Gainward Ti4200's have been known to be a problem for many people. Gainward is usually pretty good, but the QC on their Ti4200 was awful.

13. Sniper

yeh, way too many have had problems with this card, the only solution get a replacement :)