Galaxy GeForce 7600GS 256MB

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, May 14, 2006.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've not heard much about Galaxy, but the guys at Hexus really seemed to dig their sweet little GeForce 7600GS.

With a fairly hefty Zalman cooler strapped to the NVIDIA G73 GPU, we decided to see if the Galaxy GeForce 7600 GS 256 GDDR3 had even more to give than its default 500/700 clocks. 7600 GT clocks of 560/700 were dispatched without any issue and the sample eventually stopped at 604/825. Core voltage is identical to the reference voltage NVIDIA recommend for the GT and the 825MHz memory clock is just about bang on for the 1.2ns DRAMs.

It's a shame that availability is limited to our UK buddies, but if you happen to be looking for great performance without the accompaying price, this would be something to look at.

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah it's currently pretty much the sweet spot for midrange cards. It's even good for cranking the options on FEAR and Oblivion apparently. Not bad for $200.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Given the 7600GS has clocks of 400/400 with nVidia's defaults, that OC is insane...especially if you take Galaxy's word that the review sample was on the low-end. :eek:

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Totally insane, though I must admit when I say the article I was thinking of the 7600GT not GS but either way it's good bang for the buck.