Game Tournament

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by zimcerullo, Oct 2, 2006.

1. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

Me and Viper are both avid gamers and were looking to settle once and for all who was overall a better gamer so we have to decided to have a tournament. Now heres our problem, we need about 3-5 different games from different genres. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions of what multi player games we can play. They dont have to be on PC but we would like it if you could keep it to PS2 and PC. We are looking for games in these genres, others will be happly accepted too...
    • FPS
    • RPG
    • Racing (looking at doing burnout)
    • Fighting
    • Other (all the games that dont seem to fit in the other genres listed)

2. Blue2Dead

Blue2Dead Geek Trainee

the obvious BF2 lol ,, some old school Diablo II LOD, and a free game called GUNZ the Duel. and thats all me can think of lol and if you can do something like fraps some kind of game recorder that would be an awsome thing to see. gl

3. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

Yeah i get what your saying, Ill see if i can get the games recorded

4. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

gran turismo 4 for ps2 :good:

Unreal Tournament 2004, dunno what catagorie that will fit into tho.

5. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

We were thinking about UT its just hard cause its an unrealistic fps. Gran Turismo is a great one though, it was either that or burnout.

6. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

FPS - Unreal 2004
    RPG - ???? pass for now
    Racing - Flatout, or wipeout
    Fighting - Soul Caliber 2
    Other - REZ

7. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Return to castle wolfenstein or hitman....I like those games they still keep me amused

8. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

Already played it and beat it...

9. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

dude for fighting definitely one of the Tekken series for PS/PS2. I only played up to Tekken 3 like 6 yrs ago so dunno anything about tekken 4. But #3 was awesome, definitely has to be one of the best fighting games (and I see it all over in arcades, so it's quite popular, it seems).

As for "other", u HAVE GOT to have a strategy game. An RTS probably, since turn-based ones take tooo long to play multiplayer (never done it but can imagine). For example Starcraft, warcraft (3), C&C Generals, hmm possibly one of the Age of Empires series? SC, WC, and C&C G. are probly the best choices though.
    Also, for "other" u could include a combat flight sim. IL-2 Sturmovik offers multiplayer face-offs online over ubi.com (or so I read) ... still haven't tried it but i want to some time.

RPG is just not gonna work for this imo lol. Any multiplayer RPG game is too long (like any one of the MMORPG's)

Finally, for FPS battlefield 1942 is also really really sweet (haven't tried BF2). Although I'm probably kind of biased cuz I love WW2-themed games...

10. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

I really like the sounds of a tekken game. I do remember playing it in the arcade and I hear that 4 is just ment to kick ass. I think we are going to use that as our fighting game. I also really like the sounds of a starcraft/ warcraft game. To be honest I only thought it was warcraft that was multiplayer online. Im not to keen on combat flight sims, and I cant speak for viper but I would like to avoid these types of game.
    So...so far I think the games stand as follows
    • RPG - Unknown
    • FPS - Unknown
    • Racing - Looking like burnout or Gran Turismo 4
    • Fighting - Tekken 4
    • Other - Still not sure, I really like the sounds of Super Smash Bros :p
    Still open to suggestions so keep them coming ;)

11. viper

viper Geek

I'm fine with playing tekken for the fighting game although i think that Dead or Alive have some great games in the series. Not too keen on the flight sims myself, mainly the fact that i no longer have a joystick and it just loses all value without one.

Gran Turismo 4 i would say is the perfect driving game as it probably the most realistic. Burnout is more of a speed demon rather than skill, obviously its still a great a game and i'd have a no problems with it but it GT4 for me.

Anyway, if i come up with any other ideas i'll get back to you, maybe something crazy like super monkey ball would be fun, but i'll just keep it at that for now.

12. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Super monkey ball is an awesome game but only on the gamecube.

the port over to xbox and ps2 was somewhat floored as the movement control was glitchy. not like the perfection that was evident on the gamecube.

how have you left out Rez. its a skill game.

you havent got a sports game in there. ice hockey is always a good choice.

maybe the motorcycle challenge in GTA vice city

or car darts in flatout.

13. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Hahaha super smash bros! Oh, I love that game! But that's an N64 game lol (or did they make a new one for Gamecube?) I probly would have mentioned that too but u said u prefer PS2 for consoles...

14. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

I ment the one on the gamecube, melee it is. It just an awsome game.

15. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Nooo, dude, soo many people still play starcraft online! It's impressive considering the game is so old. Me and my friend used to play it often during the summer, and there's a bunch of really odd (and therefore very interesting) player-designed custom scenarios. I can't even describe the kind of crazy things they created. (It's not just the map, its the entire rules of the game that would be changed to create some crazy scenario.) It's really fun.

U weren't thinking of World of Warcraft were u?? lol.

-

Anyway if u haven't tried C&C Generals that game is really sweet for multiplayer slaughterfest too. I'd say it may actually be faster paced than starcraft.

16. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

if its a gaming competition and you have access to a cube then the cube has all the games you need.

Billy hatcher, smash bros melee, mariokart, rogue leader, bomberman, wario ware, monkey ball, mario party

17. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

How could I forget mario party! :doh: That is such an ace game. What number is it up to now, something like 5?

18. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

mario games, what are you thinking :(

19. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

hahaha I agree

20. viper

viper Geek

Yeah i agree that Mario games in a competition like this wouldn't prove so much as its quite a luck series of games and theres not much skill involved but its an option anyway, and some of them would be suitable.

Plus the fact the Gamecube games are harder to get hold of if you know what i mean.