Games Playing?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Willz, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

in the profile thing on the left side of everyones posts, we have my computer, then that mood thing, maybe we could also have a Games playing option aswell, and you just list the games you are currently playing in there, it would be good if anyone is looking from people to play online with etc..

Just a thought, what do you think?

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

If such a thing is to be implemented, it'd have to be in the member username menu as having it in the mini profile area could clutter it.
    I have no objections :good:

3. Willz

Yea i suppose it would be ok in the member/s username menu maybe swap my mood for games playing, so have my mood in the username menu and have the games playing in the mini profile as i am sure the games playing would be better there than the my mood, but its only another thought.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I will look at the best way to implement this, currently making all changes offline but it should not be long before we see the changes online.

5. Willz

kool :good: and maybe, for the games listed in the games playing area, you could have links to the games home pages?

6. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

Or get X-Fire, and copy your X-Fire signature, as your HWF signature, then we can see what you playing and what your friends are playing. Genius!

7. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Id like it in the main user area but Id prefer my mood in the mini profile :)

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Very sweet thought, I'd like to see that. Just with a little text box so you can quickly edit and all.

9. Willz

X-FIRE in sig would take up too much space, and mean that some people would have to delete stuff in the sigs they dont want to delete if they wanted the games playing thing, and the fact of having a games playing box or somthing intergrated into the forum is good, makes the forum stand out from others aswell, not that it allready does not :p

10. Chris_

Chris_ Excalibur

Ah, I see what you mean..

I like the idea of "Games Playing" in the left where "My Mood" is currently in, I keep forgetting to change that.. :x:

11. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

its possible, however you would have to enter in the game name your self every time. What would be cool is an application which auto updates what the user is playing but that's something I can't do.

I know with winamp there's a plugin which I can use, and update currently playing song on the forums.

Would field with your favorite games not be a better idea? then you can click on the game title to see which other users have the game in there list?

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Not a bad idea at all but the sheer volume of games might create an issue. But yeah just some of the more popular ones, probably online related would make sence if you felt you could do that in you're time (I realize it's a real tough show to run here). I like the song idea too actually.

13. Willz

Well, make sure it sures every games playing that the user plays, use a pull down menu like my computer. Maybe adapt that currently playing song software for currently playign game? maybe even use both?