Geforce 4 MX440 64mb ddr or Geforce FX 5200 128mb ddr

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by IGDIABLO, Nov 19, 2003.

1. IGDIABLO

IGDIABLO Geek Trainee

I recently upgraded my graphics card from a mx440 to a fx 5200, i have noticed a difference in gameplay as its smoother in setting that my old one was slow in, but apart from that i'm not impressed!, i expected it to off wipped the floor with my old one lol, am i right in saying that the fx 5200 has the same core clock as a mx440??

feedback would be good thanks

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The FX5200 isn't a real screamer, and is the bottom of the FX line. For the same price, you could've gotten an ATi Radeon 9200. Lately, nVidia's value line of GPU's have been pretty crummy.
    Basically, here's what I'd do: exchange it for a Radeon 9200, or put in a little more money and buy a Radeon 9600. Some of the FX5200's I've seen are within $20-30 of a Radeon 9600 price on-line. Heck, you can about find one for around $100 on-line these days. Really good deal.

3. IGDIABLO

IGDIABLO Geek Trainee

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, i'm happy with the card at the moment and would prefer to stick with nvidia's at the moment, although i would consider getting an fx 5600 ultra, as the reviews and benchmarks for the card are pretty impressive and it wont rip a hole in my wallet either, lol

thanks again

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

You should really consider ATI. Search on the net, and you'll find that ATI is just the king right now.

Better 2D quality, better AA and AF quality, better DX9 implementation, better price, regular driver releases (once a month).

Really, read on ATI, you might change your mind.

5. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

The 5600FX Ultra is on sale for Fry's very often for $98.96 but it still sux;)