GeForce 7900GS Reviews

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, ATi's thrown down the gauntlet with a slew of new Radeon X1900 variants, now the green team strikes back with their GeForce 7900GS.

From the Anandtech review:

We can also say with confidence that the extra vertex and pixel pipelines aren't just their for looks on the 7900 GT. With every game but Half-Life 2: Episode One we saw a substantial performance increase due to the inclusion of 4 more pixel pipes and one more vertex pipe. With performance increases of 10-15% being common otherwise, the efficiency of adding more hardware in parallel is very clear. While we don't see a perfectly linear scaling with vertex or pixel pipelines, we certainly see huge boost as we move wider.

For more review action:

-Guru of 3D
    -[H]ard|OCP
    -Hexus
    -Hot Hardware
    -PC Perspective
    -Tech Report

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

It's fine but I personally don't see the point with the GT being superior yet so similar in price.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That is very true. Hopefully, we'll see this drop in price as well as the 7600GT.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah that'd be great, if the 7600GT could drop to around the $125 mark it'd be a killer purchase for those who haven't upgraded in a while. The 7900GS though would start to look quite attractive if it fell below the $200 mark before rebates though.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Actually, I took a peek on Newegg and they run anywhere from $199 to about $250ish. This is the starting point, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you see them around $150 on up in a few months.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That'd be a killler card for the price right there. It's a bit better than a 7800GT which is saying quite a bit.