General Gaming problem

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by brownies22, Jun 7, 2009.

1. brownies22

brownies22 Geek Trainee

Hello, I have an Asus M50vm laptop. The specs are pretty good, so they run any game pretty decently even on high settings. The problem I have been having is recent, and occurs on the following games: Counterstrike Source, Left 4 Dead, and the Sims 3. The games run well, but every once in a while, severe lag from everywhere from a 10 seconds to a minute. Now I can't figure out the source of this problem or how to fix it. First I figured maybe its the OS, or faulty wireless drivers. Me being a person who formats every few months to keep my Windows os up to speed, I went ahead and I did that. I know it can't be the wireless drivers, or the connection, because I tried playing my sims 3 game offline, and my ping in online game tends to be the lowest of everyone in the room. On top of that, the games lag no matter the video settings. I'm thinking it is either a hardware problem of some type, or something involving video drivers, or cpu which is strange considering it normally ran everything quite well. Anyone have a clue? This is a very annoying problem, especially considering the fact that my old computers power supply just died, so I'm left with this laptop. Oh yeah, one last clue, it started happening recently during the summer, when I've moved back home, perhaps that has something to do with it?

Oh yeah, one last thing, I lag when noone else lags in a server.