German blows up his house with bug spray

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Exfoliate, May 19, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yes you read correctly, apparently he emptied a couple cans of spray so he could surf the net in peace ( must like the smell of bug spray :rolleyes: ). The rest is history:
    "A GERMAN flooded a room with so much insect spray that he blew his computer and house to bits.

Walter Mueller, 36, from Schleswig-Holstein, wanted to clear the room of annoying insects before settling down to surf the net.

He emptied several cans of extra strong insect-killer into the room, as you do, and following the instructions on the can sealed all the doors.

According to www.Ananova.com, a spark from his computer ignited the spray and destroyed most of his house. It caused more than caused more than R600 000 in damage and debris from the blast flew up to 100m away. Some of his neighbours’ houses were also damaged.

Mueller was not badly hurt and was released from hospital after treatment for minor injuries, and probably some insect bites."

From the inquirer

2. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Exploding ipods, houses, what's next! :D The limits of human stupidity never cease to amaze me :)

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Thats the germans for ya :)

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

though all your technological advancements from the around the '60s to now are thanks to germans :)

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Shush ninja dont pick up on the little things ;)

6. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

7. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Hmmm, now I know why I never let bugs into the house...

EXPLODING CARAVANS!!!!!!

Sorry, been watching WAY too much Brainiac.