Getting a new case :)

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by GoingNutz, Nov 19, 2009.

1. GoingNutz

GoingNutz Geek Trainee

Hello

this is my first post. I am getting a new case, the Sunbeam Transformer. but my question is simple. How will I know if my video card will fit in it? my Video card is XFX GeForce 9800 GT. I will put my specs here as well. please let me know if anything may or may not properlly. Would like to know before I purchase the case. Thank you in advance.

Motherboard: Gigabyte MA780G-UD3H AM2/+2 Socket
    cpu: Amd Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 3.1 Gz
    cpu heatsink: all I know is that it has copper ( Sorry! )
    RAM: Corsair Dual Channel 2 gig x 2 ( 4gig total)
    Graphics: XFX GeForce 9800 GT
    Hard drives:2x 500 Gig Western Digital Sata
    PSU: 580 Watts ( Can't remember the name at the moment, im at work)

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Welcome to HWF :chk:

First off, very cool case dude. Second, cases have whats called "form factors". Form Factors define the size and shape of a case and are given names to describe them. For example, your case is called "ATX Full Tower". These are one of the biggest ATX cases out there so you shouldn't even worry about fitting in that GeForce of yours. I wouldn't even worry about fitting in 3 ;)

On a side note, for your consideration, among popular form factors there are ATX Mid Towers and ATX Mini Towers. Most new and big VGA cards will even fit in a Mini tower. So this gives you an idea of just how much space a Full Tower has...

3. GoingNutz

GoingNutz Geek Trainee

Well first of all <looks down and checks..> I'm a Woman, not a dude, <Yup all woman, LOL>. any how yes i have ordered the case, I have a mid tower now (screws are stripped, side panel wont stay on anymore) its just falling apart. I was interested in the full tower for the space and air flow, and ability to expand if I so desire. it will be here tomorrow :)
    so Im excited, sorry for the delay in my response I was at a KISS concert over the weekend :)

4. GoingNutz

GoingNutz Geek Trainee

Well first of all <looks down and checks..> I'm a Woman, not a dude, <Yup all woman, LOL>. any how yes i have ordered the case, I have a mid tower now (screws are stripped, side panel wont stay on anymore) its just falling apart.(the insides are all brand new btw) I was interested in the full tower for the space and air flow, and ability to expand if I so desire. it will be here tomorrow :)
    so Im excited, sorry for the delay in my response I was at a KISS concert over the weekend :)

My Build-

CPU- AMD Athlon 64X2 6000+ Dual Core 3.1ghz
    MOBO- Gigabyte MA780G
    HD- WD Sata 500gig
    Ram- Corsair Dual Channel 2gig x2
    Video Card- XFX GeForce 9800 GT 512mb

5. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

<looking down at you>... are you sure you're a woman? :p
    Cool, good choice. It will definitely give you tons of room for expansion.[/quote]

6. GoingNutz

GoingNutz Geek Trainee

ok I got the new case yesterday. I just love the case plenty of room for everything, the light effects are just awesome. I transferred everything into it, although I did change the stock fans to silnex, so its very quiet :). However, I went to plug the monitor in...and its not getting the signal from the computer :( nor are the USB ports on the mobo working. what is causing this? I have tried another video card I get the same thing. Please help

GoingNutz!!!

7. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

What kind of connection are you using for the monitor?
    And if the USB cables you are trying to connect are in the front of your case or such you might need to activate those connections through your BIOS

8. GoingNutz

GoingNutz Geek Trainee

its a DVI connection. but all the parts are the same I had before, all I changed was the casing. although I had taken off the heatsink because I was gonna change the fan on it but decided not too. but unkown to me my processor was stuck to the heatsink. when I went to put it back on I accidently bent a couple of the pins. I have managed to straighten them out but one pin from what I can see is missing. the one thats missing it like right on the corner.