Gigabyte i945P Review

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Club Overclocker has recently manhandled Gigabyte's GA-8I945P Pro and have posted the details:

You can always expect to sacrifice features and performance when you opt for a mainstream product instead of The Flagship. In most instances, the performance is something you would never feel and the features are probably something you would never miss. The latest chipset from Intel doesn't skimp on the features, and really doesn't cut back on the performance; it's just Overclock Unfriendly. The i945 chipset itself has many features which we've already talked about, that lend themselves to a budget upgrade while still able to support the high end in processor selection. Intel Flex Memory which allows modules of different sizes to be utilized in the Dual Channel setup. Supporting Dual Core and a Front Side Bus of 1066 allows power users who utilize heavy multi-tasking applications to make the most of available silicone. All in all, I'm very impressed with the package that Gigabyte has put together with this board.

As seems to be the case with most Gigabyte boards, you probably don't want this if you're looking for some heavy overclocking, but otherwise, it looks to be a solid pick. Worth looking at if you're thinking about an Intel-camp build...especially with a Pentium D under the hood.