GPU cooler broke

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by RZA, Jan 10, 2003.

1. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

Its making this really iritating noice so I removed the power to it and placed a cooler from a pentium 233 but this thing is that its also pretty loud so I wanna buy a special gpu cooler.
    Now the only gpucooler they have at my local store is a thermaltake gf 4 cooler that goes 5500rpm (its this one ) and it makes 29db noice and that seems way to mch as my cpu cooler only makes something about 23db noice

So should I just buy this or will it be a way to big overkill for my gf 3 ?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I believe that is specifically for GF4's and may not fit your card without heavy, heavy modification. Thermaltake also has a Blue Orb and Crystal Orb coolers designed for stuff like GPU's and Northbridge chips. They also have a low profile Orange Orb (I forget the exact name, but it is orange). The first two will eliminate the use of the 1st PCI slot, but I don't think the 3rd option will. They all come with pins to use the holes that are around the GPU for mounting. If that doesn't work they should also come with a doubled sided sticky pad to hold it onto the GPU.

3. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

I think it should fit, my videocard has like 6 wholes and it has the same connectors as the gf 4 cooler has.

I think im gonna w8 untill i need something from this online store I know as it has much gpu coolers but the shipping cost is like 75% of the price of the coolers.

I'm gonna prob gonna by a new tvcard as this is mono :eek: later sometime so I just w8 untill then