Gran Turismo 4

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Addis, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Addis

Addis The King

Well in the US, GT4 has already been released (since Feb 22) and the release date for GT4 in Europe is March 9th. (Happens to be my bo's birthday)
    I'm a big gran turismo fan so i can't wait to get it. But tis gonna be around £40 at first release. :/

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I'm getting it for sure, but right now I have no cash whatsoever, so I'm not even thinking about it.

3. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

on first release it was £30.99p, in gamestation it was £28,99p
    i have only played it for about half an hour, i have allready got board of it :( :p

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

So its not to good then?? Or are you not a fan of racing games?

5. Willz

na, i love racing games, just getting board of the ps2

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

The console? Or are you bored of the game?

7. Willz

no am board of the console and all game on it, i have over 50 ps2 games

8. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Wow.. nice collection so like what would you say are the downfalls off the game?

9. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I got the game a couple weeks ago and I think it's great.

It's far more challenging than the previous games.

The addition of new tough tracks like Suzuka and Nurburgring make it very replayable because you will need a lot of practice to master them.

The new physics make it easier to anticipate the car's behavior, but it doesn't mean it's easier to control it.

If you brake with wheels off the track, prepare to crash because it's very easy to countersteer too much and slam into the wall.

Also, cars with minimal downforce like the Ruf CTR are much harder to control at high speeds, you really feel the rear of the car sliding left and right when you brake hard, but it also makes the game more fun to play.

Also, the sense of speed is great, something I thought was missing in GT3.

I think it's the best of them all, by far.

10. Willz

ah Nurburgring one of my faviourates, i used ot play on that track all the time on pg2 on xbox round at my freinds house, its one of the best tracks in gt4, raced around it in an old volvo 240 glt estate, it took me ages to get around the track, but i have to say, that old car had superb handling :p, my dad used ot have one of those cars :p

i am amazed with the number of cars, its 1000 cars aint it ?

hmm, well i cant really explain, it just seems empty, i like project gotham 2 on the xbox better now, becouse there is more action, gt4 is just kind of empty in a way, the graphics are ace though, one downfall, is no car damage, there should be an option to enable or disable car damage, but i understand that they could not include that in the game becouse they would have to get each car that was going ot be in the game, and then tottaly thrash them, and that would just cost too much money.
    also, i dont like the maine part, you know were you access your home and all the countrys to buy cars from, and also at the biggining when your in arcade mode, and chosing cars, the music there is bad, but the music in the game is ok, they should have included some blink182, and feeder, and foo fighters,greenday,thehuves, the killers, and so on :p, i may get round to playing it again, but my tv just wont work at the moment.
    is there anywere in this forum were i can get help on tv's lol?

11. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

shame I sold my PS2 weeks before it came out, after waiting a lifetime :( gona wait for the PS3 before I play any GT now.

the best racing game ever! I remember playing GT right after school for months...

12. riker1384

riker1384 Geek Trainee

The Nurburgring, the real one and not the new F1 track? That would be spectacular. I had GT3 and it was great as a driving game, but I got tired of tweaking the cars to make them fit into each series.

13. zeus

zeus out of date

Its the full 12 mile circuit, complete with bumps and adverse cambers which makes the track a whole lot better.
    GT4 is a great game. Far better than GT3. I must admit once you have completed the competitions on the game it can get a bit boring, though a few tracks keep the game alive simply for personal lap times. You could race Nurburgring all day everyday and still not totally master it. My times vary by about 2-3 secs in the same car so there is plenty of room for improvement. The other tracks its less than 1/4 second.... hence it getting a little boring.

GT is the only game ive ever owned, GT1, GT3, GT Tokyo something or another, GT4 Concept, GT4 and BMW show edition. I think there is a mercedes show edition too but it was a lot harder to get on ebay so it would sell for more than I wanted to pay. No other raciong game comes close, especially to GT4. If you aint got it yet and like GT3 you've gotta get it!

14. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

oh man, i love me some GT cars and endurance races mmmmmmm