Hackers

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by ninja fetus, Jun 16, 2005.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

anyone seen the movie? I thought it was pretty good, made me chuckle when the guys were nearly messing themselves to a 28.8k modem :)

Watching hackers2 and 3 tonight.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Lol i watched that about 2 months ago while flicki through the channals.

"Wow, look at thie active matrix screen!"
    "Yea, its the new P6(i think), triple the speed of the Pentium"
    "Yea, but its also got a PCI bus. But you already knew that didn't you"

The film is so outdated its hilarious.

3. chemikal5

chemikal5 Geek Trainee

They came out with more than one hackers movie?

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

My favorite part is when Angelina Jolie sports her new laptop, which is clearly an Apple Powerbook, and starts talking about the Pentium 3 processor it has (!), and that the RISC processor(!) is going to revolutionize the world or some such nonsense. Make up your mind, lady.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ha, sounds great, I should rent those puppies now that I'll have lots of spare time. What's the copyright date on those? It would be great to get an even older movie like that and see what they were raving about, "Dude! It's got an ISA slot, wicked!", "There's no way I could afford that 10" monior, it can support like, 256 colors." Or even older, "Our latest processor is now comprised of over 35 transistors", or "Golly gee these vacuum tubes are really something to crow about!"

6. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Or even older than that.

"I've done it! I've finally made a computer that can fit in a room!"
    "It's in a warehouse..."
    "A warehouse is a room."

:p

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

:p Haha, yeah those were the days, when all the nerds wore white labcoats, thick horn-rimmed glasses, and you had to check and see that birds weren't building nests in your circuitry.

8. Addis

Addis The King

"Why's the bat computer so slow?"
    "You see I've inserted a lot of information cards and the combination can result in thousands of possibilities"
    "Yea but do you think that the gears need oiling?" (from a batman episode very old) ROFL

I didn't know Angelina Jolie was in that film. I didn't realise that girl was her.

9. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol I might rent it.

10. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

If you know anything about actual computer technology, especially networking and hacking, you probably won't enjoy the movie as much. As I mentioned earlier, they confuse terms left and right and simply throw industry marketing jargon of that time into every conversation. It's downright silly at times. :)