Half-Life 2 Goes Gold

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Anti-Trend, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Looks like HL2 finally went gold today, according to this IGN article. Now we'll all see if it lives up to it's hype!

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

about time :) hehe

I played HL again some months back, loved it :) and playing against my little bro's was excellent! :cool:

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Yeah, HL was an amazing game. If HL2 is even half as good (no pun intended;)), it should be a great game.

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

You know what ? I think that game will be great.

However, there's so much hype surrounding this game that it will be impossible for it to live up to it, IMO.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, at least it looks like it'll be coming out before the next turn of the century. But, yeah, the hype is going to be the deal breaker. At least it didn't get to quite the level of Duke Nukem Forever. ;)

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I don't care even if the game turns out to be crap, so long as I can play around with the physics, I'm happy.

Many a fun times can be had with a decent physics engine and an anti-gravity gun!!! :D

7. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Well, HL2 will be good. No matter what they can't F it up that bad. CS:Source pwns. I love it, it is so much better than classic CS!

8. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Well, Half-Life has quite literally been the only game that has always been on my pc.

I don't play many games, i have played lots of different games, but i tend not to play regularly, the only games i have ever played are Half-life and modifications (on a serious basis or a regular basis).

I've played Counter-Strike since Beta 0.52 - all the way to 7.1 - 1.6, then CS:CZ, and CS:Source once HL2 comes to my door.

It's a great game, i don't care what people think, but i'm really looking forward to it, and i've seen the Physics engine partially being used in the CS:Source modifcation (although it does not utilise 100% graphics capability that hl2 engine will) - and CS:Source is amazing :)

although i prefer CS:CZ and CS1.6 as they will be old skool for HL Gamers :p