Half-Life 2

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by ProcalX, Jul 20, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

An interesting article i found whilst browsing the net.. thought u might be interested..

Here

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

interesting! I think people were'nt happy about being it, delayed again! so wanted to help! I doubt it would have caused much fuss, had it been the full version!

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Playing the released beta was an experience, i will definately be buying myself a copy, and most likely one for my younger brother..

to be perfectly honest it wasn't that amazing.. the released beta.. but then it was a beta.. and a leaked version at that ..

i am highly looking forward to the modding aspects of this game.. e.g: CS:SOURCE / CS:2

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

ATi is probably still fuming over the mess, since they gave out vouchers with Radeon 9600XT and 9800XT cards and thought Valve would be done in time.

5. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

the leak was good news and bad news in some cases.. although a shame that it had been leaked, the size and extent of the leak was such that Valve have had to recode alot of the game and subsequently bringing the games graphical abilities to a much higher level.. hence the new "ideal" card for the game is between 9800pro - X800XT

instead of the previous 9600-9800pro range of cards that were top dogs at the time of the expected release.. however it is a bummer in the aspects that the game has taken almost a year longer to be released (presuming it does reach shelves "late summer") and the fact that those people who purchased 9600-9800 range of cards at the time of the "expected" release will be disppointed as, had they saved their money they could for the same price.. now of purchased a: X300-X800XT card..

which i know alot of people did do..

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

But, you have to understand. Many people bought an 9600XT/9800XT with the idea that they'd get Half-Life 2 in the near future. I bought my 9600XT as an OEM card, instead of retail, so I didn't get the coupon, but I think I'd be a bit irritated at something that should've been out by now. HL2's delays are starting to make it a joke along the lines of Duke Nukem Forever.

7. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

yeh i know, i only brought my 9600XT 3 months back, and i decided to by the OEM version, because i was realistic about the release date of the game.. and the likely hood of me loosing the voucher!

8. Tim Wiseman

Tim Wiseman Geek Trainee

Im bored of waiting for it now, personally I think it'll be old hat by the time they release it... look at where we are now.. Far cry, Doom3... half life 2 is going to have to be good..... if they wait another 5 months (which you know they will) what are the other games ging to look at by then ??? pretty great I imagine... Im not slagging off HL, its a classic and I know I'll get HL2 once its out.. I just dont like the hype of it all... they release screenshots which great, but then dont release it for three years..... I think if you saw screenshots of other games which we will have in three years your bound to think, "wow that looks the nuts".....

ok, Im done moaning now :)

Half life rules, we all know it... so just release the bloody thing whilst people still care !

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Exactly! HL2 should be good, but we won't know until it hits. I love seeing people trying to compare D00M3 to HL2, and saying that D3 sucks so hard. :rolleys: The funniest ones are how they say D3's grahpics aren't realistic enough. (Duh. If they did that, you'd see the 6800 Ultra crying for mommy).