Half-Life 2

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by ProcalX, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Got it yesterday :D

Even on my TI4280 i have everything set to Medium graphics (with the lowest water settings) with shadows on and the lot.. and i get 35-40fps (no lower than 30)

It's great :D although i got bored at one point and used noclip, then didnt complete something so im now stuffed, reload another save, none the less good game :)

loving the physics, shame u can beat pretty much everything with a pistol, and my cs experience comes in handy :good:

*headshot* *headshot* *headshot*

:gun: :guns:

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Gotta love the ragdoll deaths!!

Noticed how when the bad guys go down, it feels so much more realistic than Far Cry?

Like Cry would have guys flying a couple feet back with pistol and it felt too unrealistic.

HL, damn, the bodies just hit the ground with such a fantastic THUD! and when they fall, it's brilliant watching their face get smashed in on concrete fifty feet below!

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Yeh its good isn't it :D

4. Addis

Addis The King

*sob* no HL2 for me
    I'll have to stick with minipool 2 for now. Can't wait to get my good PC working again and get some decent games.

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I just got half life 2:death match off of source.

The servers are terrible in terms of lag, my latency is around 36 in CS:S, but was in the 500's on this. The game itself is brilliant - Gravity gun + toilet = New set of teeth required , but the lag kills the fun.

Hopefully the net code will be fixed in a couple of days, and some good servers will be out there.