Headphones don't get recognised (optical/S/PDIF)

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Detmer Struiksma, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Detmer Struiksma

Detmer Struiksma Geek Trainee

Hello,

So I just recently got new headphones which are the tritton 720+ but they don't get recognised by my sound card when I have it plugged in to optical S/PDIF outport which goes into a digital decoder
    I have one more wire and that is an USB wire which is only needed for the power I think I'm not 100% sure. Windows does recognise it but it sees it as speakers just regular ones. The port where the headphones need to come out is open and it says that there isn't anything plugged in it but the optical cable is plugged in there. I have been messing around in the audio center ASUS gave me with the driver but nothing worked becouse windows recognises the usb prot as the headphones.

Does anybody of you guys know what the problem is and how to solve it than please help me

Thanks in advance!

2. spoooky

spoooky Geek Trainee

1. where I live there are no stores that truly offer any headset testings or anything. I don't live in an extensive city, so my choices are practically restricted to online and individuals survey for
    http://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/

are best as I found till now