Heating Problem Q6600

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by akya, Mar 11, 2009.

1. akya

akya Geek Trainee

I have Q6600 Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz. I facing major heat problem. Look at these readings. I live in Pune, India. Room Temp here is 37 degree celsius
    at 10 am
    [​IMG]

at 10:30 am
    [​IMG]

My CPU Photos, sorry for the quality, they are taken from a mobile
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Ok first step would be a bigger case - looks cramped as hell - the cabling needs a good tidy up too - then better after market fans as opposed to those cheap kinds. (the bigger case would allow for larger while slower fans also)

Is that stuck under a desk somewhere? Find a good open space with good airflow around it to sit.

You don't seem to have a pic of (any) intake fan - is there one? - if not an exhaust only is gonna be an issue in your climate. But TBH it's always going to be a loosing battle in those temps. Unless you have a good budget to transfer over to a completely different cooling solution.

Are you actually experiencing any overheating issues (stuttering stalling) ?

3. mothergoose729

mothergoose729 Geek Trainee

Buy an aftermarket cooler. The crap intel ships with sucks a lot. You can buy a good one for under for about thirty dollars, like the Xigy S-1283 that will do wonders for you temps.

4. Dartht33bagger

Dartht33bagger Geek Trainee

Make sure your using arctic silver 5 thermal paste too.