[HELP] CPU No Display Signal

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Excalibur2596, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Excalibur2596

Excalibur2596 Geek Trainee

guys i need help please, i cleaned my System Unit in a whole .. i removed everything and disconnected everything .. including HSF, Processor, Power Cables, Memory Sticks ETC.. and when i reconnected everything properly, but when i turned the PC on .. there was no display .. but the HDD powered on, fans running optimal and ODD Led working .. the only problem was there was no display on my Monitor .. ive cleaned my pc like this several times and this is the first time this has happened .. i bought a new HSF as i suspected that the hsf was faulty .. but still no vga signal .. i also tried using different vga cables but still no luck .. even changing of memory sticks dont work .. now i am running out of idea .. please i need some help :/

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

What you used to clean your PC? Vacuum cleaner?

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Pull the Bios' battery out for 10 minutes, then reset and see what happens then.. Did you Pull the CPU ? If so then pull it back and check it..Is this an Older PC or newer ?

4. Excalibur2596

Excalibur2596 Geek Trainee

uhm, i just blew it with some air (from my mouth). used a small paint brush and so. i didn't used any vacuum cleaner.

i did try removing the battery for about 30 seconds, yes i did pull out the cpu, cleaned the thermal paste and replaced with a new thermal paste. well i saw some pins bent so i realigned it.

uhm it is sa Biostar G41D3+ LGA 775 with Intel Core2Duo Processor .. i bought a new HSF and still not booting up .. there is no beeps also, i tried my monitor on a different source and it worked .. it feels like my PSU is generating some weird abnormal sounds .. could it be that it is grounded or busted ? although still running ? after all, i felt some electricity shocks when i hold on to my System Unit's Casing.

im gonna try borrowing some PSU to try it though

5. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Yeah right. Purchase new PSU. You now have what model?