help me PSU confusion

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG, Apr 26, 2005.

1. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

on the left is my soon to be system, and i was wondering do I need a special PSU for my rig to provide each vid. card with a seperate power line, or is a simple x connect good enough? im gonna die cuz an x-connect 500W is like 80$ the special "dual pci express" psu is 130$ i found these prices at xoxide

help please

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Congrats mate, totally sweet rig!! Probably the best on the forums for gaming, you are going to need a beefy power supply for that for sure, I think you could probably get away with the x-connect dude, cause you're not using ultras and I think I've seen other computers being sold with a similar array of parts with a normal psu.

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

yea its a major advance from a 6 year old compaq presario 5000 with a 1 ghz p.3 , but ive read my share n got everythin layed out, btw i oc it to 1.04 haha

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Woh, major upgrade dude, I went form a old junker myself, 1.1Ghz Celeron w/ Trident Blade 8MB vram, total crap, makes me shudder thinking about it. Hah! as if you need to oc it!

5. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

yea i kno but its jus freakin amazing that i somehow squeezed out that ,04 haha at .041 it went unstable like hell tho, it does send chills up the spine to think about it, but maybe i can sell it to a museum for a nice price.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

From actual PSU experts I've heard bad things about those Ultra PSU's. Even fans of them have been saying the 2005 line has been causing problems. If you can spend the money, get a PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI, but if not look at an Enermax or OCZ 500-600W unit.
    http://www.hardwareforums.com/showthread.php?t=5218