Help me with choosing between these 2 sets of speakers

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by DaRuSsIaMaN, Jan 16, 2009.

1. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Here's one:
    Logitech Z-5500

Here's the other:
    Polk Audio RM6750

Which one do you think is better and why? I don't yet really understand what the specs mean, i don't know much about speakers.

Thanks

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Logitech Z-5500, not heard of Polk Audio myself, Logitech will give better sound quality especially when turning up the volume (will have little to no distoration).

Personally, these days I'd go for a 2.1 setup because there are so many dam wires, that is unless you have plenty of space to hide them.

3. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

By the way I figured out that the polk audio set is really a home theater thing... I need speakers for computer, actually. So scratch the polk.

Anyway ... are *computer* 5.1 speakers mountable on walls or something? Particularly the satellite or rear ones, whatever you call them? I've never owned a 5.1 set before, and now that I think about it, I don't know how I will place the rear speakers in my room. I have a shelf and a dresser behind me and to the left somewhat from where I sit at my desk. So I guess i could place one of the rear speakers on top of the dresser. But behind me and to my right is my bed stretching all the way to the wall. Not sure where or how to place the other rear speaker then.

How do people usually do it? Is there ways to nail them to the wall?