Help with motherboard compatibility please

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Special-kaybert, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Special-kaybert

Special-kaybert Geek Trainee

Hey :D
    I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to building PC's, I'm fine with getting it all connected but picking the parts is tricky. I'm not sure what motherboard will be compatible with the following parts, and if any of parts could be altered if they don't all go together too well. I don't know a thing about motherboards so the help would really be great thankyou :). I'm thinking (not bought yet):
    -
    Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 LGA775 Socket 2.93GHz 3MB Cache​

-
    Crucial 2GB 800MHz DDR2 PC2-6400​

- ​
    Seagate 500GB Barracuda SATA-600 7200RPM 16MB 3.5" Hard Drive​

- ​
    Asus ATI Radeon 5450 HD 512MB PCI-Express HDMI​

- Sony 24x DVD-RW SATA Black Bare Internal Drive

I'm not sure how these components will work together so any advice would be brilliant, this is the first PC I've ever made from scratch when I finally build it so I'm looking forward to getting it all working. I already have a spare operating system license (windows 7 64bit) so that's all taken care of. If anyone can help then thank you so much and if I haven't provided enough information then please say

Thankyou :) x

2. M_Kincy

M_Kincy Geek

3. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Do you plan on playing games?

4. Special-kaybert

Thank you so much :) But just curious, do you know if that website ships to the UK because I'm having trouble finding the same motherboard on British sites :(

5. Special-kaybert

Well, I'm making this for my brother, he only plays games on his PS3 but I wanted to get him a better computer than the laptop he's using at the moment. He's using an awful laptop right now which takes ages to log on so I decided to build him something that's not too expensive but still a lot better than anything he's used before :) (if that makes sense)

6. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Gotcha ;)