Help with un-identifiable DVR card??

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by DrewJ, Aug 29, 2005.

1. DrewJ

DrewJ Geek Trainee

Hi guys and galls!

I need a little help please, have just opened up an unmarked box and inside is a completely unmarked DVR 4 port BNC card for CCTV connections.

There is a conexant Fusion 878a chip on it but no other marks except made in canada v2.0....

have run several scans and windows just says unknown PCI product however have run a cool little app called "UNKOWN DEVICES" - available at http://members.datafast.net.au/dft0802

now.. this little tool tells me that my computer now has a Packard Bell PCI card with no drivers installed in it.

45mins on the phone to packard bell and they tell me they cannot find any DVR cards that they make, however if i go to www.conexant.com and download a driver for the FUSION 787a chipset this should work as it doesnt matter who made the card as long as the chipset is installed, so now I cannot actually find a driver for the chipset without knowing what card it is for as www.driversguide.com doesnt have anything listed and www.conexant.com is confusing!

Anyone got any ideas how to get this little baby running??

Thanks in advance
    Drew :)

2. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

Personally I've found that Linuxs' low-level hardware recognition tools are quite good at recognising hardware. If you have a Linux boot disk (the actual distro is unimportant) then run the command "lspci" (as root) and see what that says.

3. DrewJ

DrewJ Geek Trainee

Hi,

I may be being daft but I'm using Windows XP pro with a SATA Hdd, would this Linus solution wtill work?

Cheers
    Drew