help!

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by ProcalX, May 27, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

i just installed my copy of BattleField 1942, i put everything to full graphics (i have a 9600XT 128mb)

and its soooooooo laggy, OMG WTF?

is this because my psu is so shit? (300W)???

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Not sure. What resolution are you playing at? Is this on-line or just a single player campaign?

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

its single player campaign, and its 1024x768 @ 32bit

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Hmm...that shouldn't be an issue there. I wonder if it's trying to access the hard drive alot or something. Defragging might be a big help. Also snag any patches for BF1942 as well.

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I know I don't know a great deal :D, but what is the make of the PSU? 300W isn't really enough juice. My guess is 450 + would make it better.

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

lol, although my PSU was fucked.. and i replaced it with a unused 300W psu (till my order arrives)

i found the problem was, that in BF1942, the video options give u an option of ur refresh rate.. o dear.. me with my lovely large 21" TFT screen, that i'm only running at 70hz.. and i was running it at like 85 or something.. well over.. anyway it would randomly crash when large frame rates were needed.

either way, my pc is now fine and will be ALOT better once my new parts arrive.. :D

infact im going to change my sig now :) yay 4 moi!