How can you measure . . .

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by dannnyjos, Apr 22, 2005.

1. dannnyjos

dannnyjos Big Geek

Hey guys, just a quick question, Is there a way for me to measure my video card's temps just like one measures the CPU's? Is there any software I can download similar to MOBO monitor or so? Any help appreciated, thanks :) .

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I know some companies have added a temp sensor to their cards, but unless you've got a temp sensor there to begin with, you'll have to buy a thermal probe with a display to check your video card's temp. I know the Radeon 9600XT and 9800XT's have on-die temp sensors, but the Pro's don't.

3. dannnyjos

dannnyjos Big Geek

Ok, thanks Big B, just wanted to know. Lately, out of curiosity, I've been touching my vid card's memory modules while playing games; man those things are hot! You can fry an egg on them. I was just wondering if that would affect my card in the long run. May be I ought to buy some heat sinks for them :cramp: .

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I would pick up an arctic cooling vga silencer off www.newegg.com

very good, very quiet and reasonably priced. I have one and you can't even hear the fan, very big though

5. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yea id buy sum new fan, or put sum new fans on ur case jus watch out to make sure that the fan u buy for ur vga is compatible with it, because its not jus nvidia or ati or agp but you have to match it to the model and pray that they have that type lol

6. dannnyjos

dannnyjos Big Geek

Ok, thanks for the info guys :good: !