How to adjust brightness and color permanently?

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by mahmood, Oct 12, 2006.

1. mahmood

mahmood Geek Trainee

On a desktop monitor we have some buttons for adjusting brightness and color of the scree but how about a laptop?

I have found shortcuts for changing brightness of the screen but everytime I restart the laptop it resets.

Any suggestion?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, if the laptop has buttons for adjusting these values, it should say in the manual.

You can check the display properties and adjust them.
    Right-click on the desktop, go to properties. Go to the Settings tab, then 'Advanced'. If there's GPU specific drivers installed, you should see a tab for the particular GPU used in the system. While it varies from GPU manufacturer to manufacturer, poke around there and you should find some settings for brightness and contrast.

3. mahmood

mahmood Geek Trainee

I went display properties > setting > advance and found a "SIS Utility Manager" tab. There is a "Video setting" there that gets you to a window which supposedly should enable me to adjust brightness and color. The problem is that nothing changes even after setting and click OK and apply.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but you might try updating the drivers for your chipset/graphics.

5. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Depending on the brand you have, it shoud have it's own software for controlling brightness with profiles. Eg - Performance, maximum battery life, presentation and so on....
    If you want the brightness the same through all profiles, change them accordingly.