How to check if SLI is working?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by suneater, Sep 29, 2008.

1. suneater

suneater Geek Trainee

Hello

I bought a new PC. It has installed 2 Nvidia 9600GT GPU on a 780i Nvidia Mainboard

I don't know why. but I wanted to know if both cards are really working, but now i used Everest Ultimate, the Windows Vista Hardware Manager and the installed Nvidia control panel.

i found a pic in another Forum. And its totally different from my Nvidia control Panel.
    [​IMG]
    Heres mine pic. I don't find a button like above where I can easy turn on/off SLI
    [​IMG]

These are Pics from Everest and Hardwaremanager. on the 1st Everest Pic there is only one GPU shown. 2nd and 3rd pic for both GPUs are different, too. So i maybe think the 2nd card doesn't work. Or is it all right?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can someone explain how to work with SLI profiles. Where can I download it and where must I save or install them? And must I every time I launch a game everytime choose the profile for the game?

I have another question, too. I want to buy the ATI 4780X2 for my 2nd PC and for that i have a nVidia 780i Chipset. And a 750W power supply is that enough. And in the Moment I have only my older 22" CRT NEC FE 1250+. Which has in my opinion a better pic quality than most of the TFT. Except the coulors maybe. It has an resolution of 1920x1440 on 60hz. Is this enough for the ATi card?

2. jaggy

jaggy Geek Trainee

It almost looks to me like you are running the wrong driver... Try uninstalling your current video driver and downloading a new one from nvidia. Still, any nVidia driver usually had an SLi config category in the menu, regardless if you had a second card or not..
    To check if both of them are loaded up, see if they are both hot when playing games.

Oh and a 750W PSU will be more than enough to run a 4870X2... just make sure you have the right 12+ rail adaptors for it. Usually though the card comes with those in the box.

Best of Luck.