how to configure UPS with windows xp

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by eshban, Oct 17, 2005.

1. eshban

eshban Geek

I HAVE A UPS, IS THERE ANY WAY TO CONFIGURE MY UPS WITH wINDOWS xp. sO THAT IT ALERTS ME THAT HOW MUCH BATTERY IS LEFT AND SAVELY SHUT DOWN MY COMPUTER BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN THE ups.

i CHECK THE UPS /POWER OPTION IN coMTROL pANEL . bUT IT CHECKS THAT AT WHICH COM PORT YOUR UPS IS ATTACED. iT DISPLAYS TWO PORTS. (com1, COM2). bUT MY UPS IS NOT ATTACHED TO coM PORTS.

i ATTACH MY POWER CABLE IN UPS AND THE UPS POWER IN MY EXTENSION.

sO, HOW CAN I CONFIGURE MY ups WITH WINDOWS xp.

pLZ HELP ME IN THIS REGARD.

2. Addis

Addis The King

I would think that your UPS would alert you anyway with a warning if the power does drop.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Do you have a data cable (serial, USB?) running from the UPS to the PC? If you don't have that setup, Windows can't see it and won't be able to act upon it. Secondly, you may need/want to install the software that came with it. If you don't have the CD, you should be able to download the software from whoever made that UPS.

Btw, you don't need to type with all caps (it's considered shouting on the internet), and this thread has been moved out of the New Build/Upgrade Advice section because hardware help threads don't belong there.