How to Fix Stuttering In-Game

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by killah0lic, Feb 21, 2010.

1. killah0lic

killah0lic Geek Trainee

AMD Phenom II 945 3.2ghz Quad-Core
    8Gb of RAM
    ATI 4870 1GB

I just got a computer like a month ago , and i noticed stuttering in games, and its been bothering me a lot lately.I have FRAPS on which shows the FPS im getting, probably the game i get the worse stuttering is battlefield bad company 2 beta, like ill be running around and ill get really bad stuttering like im going back a step or two and like action and movments arnt smooth but yet in fraps im getting like 35-45 FPS.I think its either that because im not hitting 60 frames equivlant to the monitor refresh rate or that the FPS is changing so much it makes the game stutter.

For example World in Conflict i put the FPS cap to 30 and the game runs great now.And on Wow i was running like 60 frames most of the time but then when it droped down to like 55 in some areas the game would start to stutter.So i put a cap to 30 and theres no more stuttering what so ever.

And for some reason on Borderlands i dont have a cap or anything the game will run on different FPS numbers ranging from 50 to 30 but it doesnt stutter but i can tell the difference between 50 and 30 and its still very playable.

I downloaded FPS Limiter and while it works ive only gotten it to work on Mass Effect 2.Before i put the limit to 40 , it was the same story it would run great ad smooth most of the time at 60 but the moment it went to lets say 54 , 56 it would stutter.

Again the same story for Left 4 Dead 2 run mostly on 60 but the moment it dipped below 60 it would stutter

So if theres anything i could fix or any tips so i can solve this problem