how to power my watercooling pump :s

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by pinkpig, Jun 11, 2006.

1. pinkpig

pinkpig Geek Trainee

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

the pond pump is quite an ingenius idea but its probably a 240V pump (as url is broken so i can't check (even if i remove the duplicate http://)) whereas a PSU only outputs 12V & 5V

EDIT: got url working, power should be ok as long as you have a beefy PSU, it doesn't say the voltage of the pumps just the power they comsume

3. pinkpig

pinkpig Geek Trainee

i have a 530watt psu donno wat make but it has dual fans and dual 12volt rails and ive cheak all the out put readings they are all fine and on the 12volt rail i got 30amp?? if that helps lol thx

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

a PSU saying its 530W doesn't mean much check B's PSU Sticky

5. pinkpig

pinkpig Geek Trainee

ill find out but im pritty sure that its got 30a on the 12v rail if im right

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I believe those Eheim pumps are 12V, despite plugging into a wall socket---don't quote me on that, though. I'm not sure on the power draw off-hand, but given the popularity of Eheim pumps for DIY watercooling setups, finding the info on hooking it up to run off your power supply should be pretty easy. You can splice a 4-pin molex in lieu of the AC adapter quite easily if it is in fact 12VDC, and not using AC current.

Again, Eheim pumps are widely used, so some Googling should give you a lot of results.

7. pinkpig

pinkpig Geek Trainee

thx most aprecated so with some modding and bojing i should be able to do it if its 12v that is thx agian