I can see the Starting Windows, but it can't log in windows.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LUCK, Sep 21, 2011.

1. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

Dear all!

I am using Windows 7 (32-bit). I don't know why my computer can't log in Windows 7 as usual. It's that after I turn on the computer, I get "Slave Hard Disk S.M.A.R.T Command Failed" and "Press F1 to continue". So I press "F1" to continue and then I can see Windows 7 is starting symbol, but I can't log in Windows 7 as expected. Instead I get it automatically restarted and "Slave Hard Disk S.M.A.R.T Command Failed" and "Press F1 to continue" still occur. I go to BIOS Setup and found 2 Primary IDE.
    1. Primary IDE Master (Not Detected)
    2. Primary IDE Slave (IC35L090AVV207-0)

Be sure I have only one hard drive and it's 80GB.

I click "Enter" on "Primary IDE Slave (IC35L090AVV207-0)" and I can see the details of my hard drive (80GB). It means that my Primary IDE Slave is working. Is it correct? If so, why did I get the alert saying that my Slave Hard Disk S.M.A.R.T Command Failed" and "Press F1 to continue"? Or must I clean install Windows 7 to solve this?

So please help to explain and tell me what I must do to solve this. More details will be offered if needed.

Thanks a lot and best wishes!

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

My best regards,

LUCK

2. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

I read where someone was having a similar issue and they found they had a bad SATA cable. In your case, you may want to try a different IDE cable which connects the hard drive to the system board. Try swapping it out with another one to see if that resolves the problem.

3. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

OK! I will try another IDE cable to check whether it is working or not. I will let you know if it work for me or not. Thanks a lot!

My best regards,

LUCK

4. LUCK

LUCK Geek Trainee

Dear!

I try to follow all your advice and I can't solve it. Is it because of my Hard Drive completely broken? If so, why can I see the details of my Hard Drive when I go to CMOS Setup? The details I got is 80GB... Please help to show me how to do next. Sorry for being unaware of my knowledge here.

Thanks a lot and best wishes!

My best regards,

LUCK