i have lots of problems

Discussion in 'Linux, BSD and Other OS's' started by jester45, Sep 4, 2006.

1. jester45

jester45 Big Geek wanna be

ok i have had a lot of problems but most of them now are just becuase im learning linux i just figured out how to cd in the termial and to complie things now i want to relax at break my eardrums with some music but when i got frostwire up and running i got my favorite song and tried to play it and it was a no go and i was like OOO no i love my music and have yo have it on if im going to be any bit of productive so i searched the web searched my computer searched my pantry and then i had no luck

my sound card is this

Rockwell International Riptide PCI Audio Controller

and this a link to the xubuntu forums and they had the exact problem but nobody seems to be replying so i tried here

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I'm not sure if *ubuntu supports the Riptide chipset natively, but you can find out if the module (aka driver) is loaded by running the following:
    Code:
    modprobe snd-riptide
    I was only able to find others using the same chipset who had old HP Pavillion systems. Is this the case with yours also?

If I was in your shoes though, I'd just buy a $5 Turtle Beach Riviera or something since such a card will be much better, not to mention supported "out of the box", in Linux.

3. Addis

Addis The King

Make sure that mp3 codecs are installed as well. I'm not sure of the specific packages, but search for "mad" in synaptic/adept and get packages like libmad etc.

4. jester45

modprobe snd-riptide
    FATAL: Module snd_riptide not found.

thats what i got

i installed some mad things and other codecs and will try those

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

The module is not installed, having the media codecs will do exactly zero good at this point. :(

6. jester45

well i think im goingot the store soon to get a new one so i might not need to get hte old one working