I need a monitor that I can watch sports on..please help

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by vinnys025, Jan 2, 2006.

1. vinnys025

vinnys025 Geek Trainee

I bought this flat screen balance from wallmart and it has 16ms. When I watch boxing on it, I cant even see when they throw punches. Also, when I watch action movies, I cant even make out whats going on. I am looking to spend around 300 dollars on a monitor. Can someone please point me in the right direction for a monitor at this price that can keep up with what i'm watching? Thanks in advance.

2. harakim

harakim Big Geek

Seeing as that still allows for 60 new fps, I don't think its the monitor. After about 18 frames per second, things start to look like they are moving; after about 47(?) fps, you can't tell the difference. That is to say, 47fps and 100fps look the same as long as they are smooth. Movies run at 25 fps. So what I'm getting at is I don't think it's the monitors refresh rate.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

16ms is a bit loose for anything moving really fast. I would suggest looking at 8ms and maybe 4ms. I'd say get a Samsung.

4. thefabe

thefabe Geek Trainee

I bought a 19" Sceptre with 8ms lcd flat screen from tigerdirect.com for 199.00 they sell 19"s for that all the time. It is also a vga or dvi and is an excellent screen I've had it for over a year now and use it with a tv card and games it has worked flahlessly.