i need help burnind a dvd movie

Discussion in 'General Software' started by stefan1988, Jun 6, 2004.

1. stefan1988

stefan1988 Geek Trainee

i use this program called dvd decryptor and i was able to make the the image of the movie (lord of the rings the return of the king). but the size of the image is kind of big is like 7.3 gb and i want to burn the movie onto two cd's the cd's are 4.7 gb each i dont want to lower the quality of the movie i want to keep the original quality that's why i got a plextor 708a my problem is how do you cut in half the movies i seen people that makes the images of vcd's and the image is like 600 mbs and the manage to split the image in two and the quality is not reduced also i heard that you can take the extra features of a dvd to make it smaller do you just delete the files or there is a special way for doing that what programs do u use for that or tell me of a porgram that splits the image automatically or what are the steps for taking out the extra features

any help is apreciated

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

right.. if you've created this image.. i presume that you have some form of .VOB or .MPEG files that were created.. now your movie.. being 7.3gb is to large for any disc.. what i would suggest is instead of splitting the movie into 2 discs (as you would have to configure the menus per disc e.t.c) you just download: CloneDVD

open CloneDVD up, choose the option to open a dvd image from your hard drive, you made need to extract the files held in the image to a folder.. then select the folder with your .VOB files or .MPEG files in, and click go or ok or whatever.. then it will re-encode your movie - compressing it in size to fit on a 4.7GB disc :D

basically the larger your movie the lesser the quality gets.. however you can preveiw ALL the DVD files that you have selected.. allowing you to remove all those "extras" or "directors outtakes" or "the making of" e.t.c this will enable more space.. which the program will then use the space and make a higher quality copy! :D

its a fantastic program, and its the best 1:1 DVD backup program available.

4. stefan1988

stefan1988 Geek Trainee

thanx for the help if i have any problems i tell you about it i gonna see what method works best for me probably i stick to using the software